Saturday, November 1, 2008

3 months!

Today is my 3 month anniversary in España! It's been a fast but good 3 months. I've been to a few different cities in Spain and have already had one friend from MN/Sweden visit me! In 3 weeks I have another friend coming down from Ireland! And the weekend of Thanksgiving I'll be going to celebrate with "family," the Thomassens, in Amsterdam! I haven't felt too homesick yet. I do miss the conveniences of everything in the states. Spain isn't the most convenient place to live, but I do like some things here and think we should adopt them in the US. For example, you can park on the side of the road, facing either direction. Like if you are driving on the left but see a good spot on the other side, you can park there even though your car will be facing the opposite way of the traffic flow. One reason I am sad...is that I miss my kiddos! Samuel, Lauren and the newest addition that I haven't even met yet, Jasmine. I strongly desire to give them kisses and hugs and watch them grow and become smart! Good thing I get "Spanish kisses" from my non American friends here to sort of make up for not being able to kiss the kids! :)
21 months to go....thanks for friends and family for supporting me in this experience! It's where I'm supposed to be!!

1 comment:

The March's said...

Congrats on making it 3 months, that is a long time! We are so happy that you are doing the Lord's will but miss you greatly! We pray God will continue to reveal himself to you and bless you abundently in all areas of life!
Love, April