Monday, September 29, 2008

Making home more homey!

I want to share with you, my faithful blog readers, what I've done to my home (so far) to make it more homey and personalized! A few weeks ago I went to Ikea with Denise, in the hopes of finding a few good priced items to makeover some areas of my living room and bedroom. First, you must know that all of the walls in the "MA living area" are mintish green. I don't think they were expecting it to be as minty as it turned out, but it is, and I guess they didn't want to redo it. It's fine...after a while you don't even notice, but it would be nice if my furniture didn't clash with it! Yes, I have forest green couches, that IMM has had forever!! I saw them in a program from back in the day when IMM was located in Belgium (in the 80's and 90's). I also have a nice burnt brown/goldish recliner that looks like something I would've seen at my grandpa's house. At least I have a brown toned rug to tie everything in that area together. Anyways, after a missionary garage sale, an afternoon at Ikea and an afternoon at the Rastro (a huge market Madrid is known for), I was able to do a small makeover in my living room area. Click on the photos to enlarge them so you can read what I wrote.


Pictures from my bedroom soon to  come, once I put it all together.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Make the pictures bigger! i cant see all the wonderful changes!!!