Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Race for the White House

This is what I think: I'm SO GLAD that I am not in the U.S. right now, because I HATE every political commercial that is aired, all the time, on the tv. I didn't watch much television back in the day living in MN, just a few select shows, but I still hated hearing and seeing all the bashing the other candidate, pointing fingers at the other's problems, etc. It's so annoying! I feel bad for you because you probably are stuck seeing those dang commercials. Anyways...
To try and be a good American, I have been watching the debates of the VP's and Pres. candidates on YouTube. I'm currently watching, actually listening to while I work, the debate from last night at Belmont (props to Angela for attending Belmont!) From the debates/forums I've watched/listened to: I'm sick of hearing the word "fundamental" and am annoyed at the fact that these politicians seem to just point fingers at the other (some I feel more than others). Please, why can't they just be REAL and answer the question posed and tell us what THEY think and what THEY will try to do. Stop telling us what the other person has done or thinks about the issue. Tom Brokaw didn't ask you to point out all of the issues that you and you're opponent disagree on!! Out of what I've seen, I feel like Sarah Palin has been the most real and to the point (during the VP debate). That's what we want to hear!
One more month until the most important election of my time! (I still haven't received my absentee ballot in the mail...Benton county better get the move on, my vote counts, and there may be a possibility that MN will win the electoral points for same candidate I vote for! Wouldn't that be amazing!)

1 comment:

Angela S said...

Haha Crystal you're funny. You're the American in another country watching the debate, and I'm the American in the US and I haven't wached any of them! Politics though I agree, it's ridiculous how much they bash each other. Hope u get your ballet!