Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Making Memories...

This past weekend I had the opportunity to make some great memories with a friend from college, Christina, and a new friend, Mac, from Mexico City. Mac and Christina met on an airplane from Mexico to Minneapolis earlier this year. Christina flew in to Madrid on Wednesday and on Friday we took a bus to Barcelona! We met Mac there on Saturday morning and had a very full day of sightseeing, meeting Italians, watching Spain's favorite sport...futbol (or as we say in the USA - soccer) and laying on the beach of the Mediterranean Sea! Since I only had until Sunday afternoon, I packed my full day in Barcelona with visiting sights from my top list of things to do!  Christina and Mac were very good sports about letting me decide what things to do that day. Thanks guys! We sure got our exercise in for the weekend. I love being a tourist and traveling, but when you have someone or some friends to travel with, see new sights, and make memories...it makes that time all the more better! I believe, it's really the people and relationships in my life (or anyone's life) that matter most! The sights and places in Barcelona would've been nice to see by myself, but friends make it so much better! Even though I met Mac for the first time on Saturday morning, the three of us had a great time (at least, I think they did too)! Here's some of the captured moments from the trip!
La Sagrada Familia
L to R-Mac, Gianlucas and Mateo (the guys we met from Italia! They were fun and nice, they gave us their Barcelona guide map and told us about Fira Barcelona, a beautiful fountain, light and music display you'll see later). I LOVE meeting people from other countries/cultures!! Living in MN, I didn't get that much, but in Spain...yes! 
 That's me, in front of the National Art Museum. Didn't go in it, but it had a great view of the city!
Oh yea, Barcelona vs. Russia Futbol! One thing I wanted to do while living in Spain was go to a soccer game, however, once I found out the price of the tickets, I knew that would probably not be an option. But, thanks to Mac and his generous offer to pay for the majority of the tickets, we got to go!! Muchas gracias amigo!
Mac, all smiles at the game! (until is started raining, but it just makes for a good story and fun experience!) The gorgeous sunset was a nice bonus...thanks God!

More pics to come....it just takes so long to download.

No comments: