Monday, August 3, 2009

OnE yEaR-pArT d

More places I visited!
Venice. I know, I already included Italy on one of my blogs...but I had to include some Venice pics because I loved that city. Here is one of me doing my favorite thing in Italia...eating gelato!! It was so cheap in Venice too...cheaper than Florence, but wait...Bellaria was even cheaper...so never mind about it being cheap in Venice.
I must say...I love cities on water!

And, one other country I missed---while in Italy, we took at day trip to the Republic of San Marino! I know...I'm spoiled and lovin' it!

And my most recent visit to a new land was in June when I visited Emerald Island. My MA friend, Bethany, was the person to visit in Ireland! Everything was green, or tinted green...seriously. It was crazy man. I think little green guys lived through this gate.

Beth and I taking a Sunday afternoon stroll in a park in Dublin.

So, I guess that's it. I think all my new countries visited are in these blogs. I'm very blessed to be in Spain working at IMM. I've been put to work with my editing skills...my fluency in Final Cut Pro is better than a year ago. I know more shortcuts and fun stuff like that. I've learned Color, DVD Studio Pro and some Motion-but I hope to become better skilled/fluent at these and more! I know a little more about compressing and all the various QT settings--but there are so stinking many, that it's hard to know what's what. I've used Photoshop a bit. I know how to transcode and use all the machines in our TOC. We have a great team at IMM and it'll be growing in the coming months and years. God has something big in store for us and for the ministry and for those who will view our programs!
Speaking of fluency a few sentence ago: mi español es mejor. Hablo español con amigos a veces pero necesito hablar mas y con mas personas. Yeah, my Spanish is better than last year, but still needs major improvement. But, I can say THANK YOU in lots of languages (spelling may be wrong): gracias-Spanish, danku bell-Nederlands, Dutch, danke shan-German, kiitos-Finnish, tack tack-Swedish, grazie-Italian, mutlumesc-Romanian, thanks a million-Irish English. Que bien!
My favorite language to listen to is ITALIAN!! They are so passionate. It's similar to Spanish so maybe I could understand something, probably more in reading it though. When I travel to other countries and come back to Spain I feel like its home, because the language isn't so foreign to me. I also like that I feel like I can recognize various languages being spoken-in Spain and other places. I may not understand what's being said, but I can usually know which language it is (okay...not all but some). Yeah for culture and new languages!!

No comments: