Monday, August 3, 2009

one. year. part. c.

My European Christmas Vacation added many countries to my list of countries, including:
Denmark. I had a layover here on my way to the next country. But I don't have any photos to prove it. oop.s
Finland. I celebrated with Christina's (my friend from college) au pair family. The parents of the family she works for live in Helsinki, Finland. I experienced and enjoyed my first Swedish/Finnish traditional Christmas. For Christmas eve dinner, pictured here, we ate lots of varieties of seafood, which I usually don't like much, but this wasn't so bad. We had many sorts of salmon and caviar!! Yep, probably one of the most expensive meals I have and will ever eat!


Sweden. Christina and I enjoying the yummy yummy Swedish meatballs at one of her favorite cafes in Stockholm! We spend about 3 days in Sweden after Finland, then headed south.

Latvia. Our layover from Stockholm to Munich was here. Yes, we actually walked on the ground, outside when we had to get on a shuttle bus.

Germany. Land of my ancestory...but didn't find (or look for) any. Here we are in Munich.

Austria. New Years eve was spent in the land of the "Sound of Music." This is us on our tour of the sound of music. This is the gazebo used in the famous "16 going on 17" song!

There ya go. After Austria we crossed the border again to Germany and went to Fussen (where the famous Neuschwanstein and Ludwig castles are). Then up to the medieval town of Rothenburg and I flew out of Frankfurt back to Spain. This is was jam packed 13 day trip semi-across Europe. It was great! Fun! Lots of new language and culture! Yummy food! Great photos ops! Good times with friends!



No comments: