Friday, July 17, 2009

Teaching English.

Some friends of my friend asked me if I could teach their girls English this summer, while they aren't in school, a couple times a week. I was surprised they asked me--in Spanish, by the way, and I understood. So, I told them I would start in July and do it 2 days a week. Here are the girls, all Romanian.
L to R: Amy, Ambra (this is my friend Marin's daughter, who is here for the summer), Emy and Mary.
They get a bit ansy, so we stick to about an hour and a half each time. I don't really know what I'm doing when I'm "teaching" but I think they are learning and enjoying it. I'm happy to help out. They all know words and of course the oldest one is more advanced than the youngest. I think they mostly need to just practice speaking English. These girls are going to be so smart (and already are), they speak Romanian, Spanish and are learning English.
After one of the English classes, they had a music class. :) So cute to see kids worshipping God!

No comments: