Monday, June 29, 2009

New background design...

in honor of the upcoming national holiday of the USA. Although I'm temporarily living in Spain and sometimes say not uplifting things about American culture and what not, I still am proud to be an American. All of us who are natural citizens are very blessed. It was easy for us. It's not easy for those who want to live, work and become residents or citizens of our great country. I always hear preachers and leaders say we are the richest country in the world...well, I don't agree. Yes, maybe national GDP is overall the highest, but lets not forget about our DEBT! National debt, personal debt, you name it. (I am proud to say I don't really fall into that category...I just owe the parents a few grand, without interest-I hope). I think the countries who are the richest are in northern Europe---the Scandinavians...Finland and Sweden. One of those countries doesn't have any national debt...if I remember correctly.
Anyways, happy early 4th of July! Enjoy it and be proud!! :)

and....my good friend Alicia reminded me that I need to think outside of the dollar, she says:
I think that when people talk about American being the richest nation, it goes beyond national debt. I think that it has to do with oppourtunity, religious freedom and other such qualities of life that we have.

Also, july 4th is Jack's birthday too! :)

*She is right! We do have lots of freedom that others don't. And I can't believe I forgot about the all American baby boy Jacks birthday on the 4th! Happy First Year Jack! I didn't forget--just didn't mention it with that post.

1 comment:

Alicia Marie said...

I think that when people talk about American being the richest nation, it goes beyond national debt. I think that it has to do with oppourtunity, religious freedom and other such qualities of life that we have.

Also, july 4th is Jack's birthday too! :)