Thursday, April 16, 2009

New Beautiful Walls!!

As I promised a month or so ago when I blogged about my new art in my bedroom, here is what Erin and I did to make the living area/dining room wall more like home. It all started with a trip to Ikea, which is how all of my "making home more homey" projects start. After picking out 3 frame shelves and various frames, I had Erin help me decide how and where to put everything (and she did most of the grunt work-she's great and so good at this!). We started, or I should say she, by laying out the design on the wall with masking tape. We needed to know what it would all look like and these were great guides as we put holes in the wall! {I'll admit, I laughed at Erin as she went tape crazy!}

Her is the lovely lady using a power tool! She's an expert at this!

More of Erin measuring, lining up, etc. It's already looking so great!!

And the finished master pieces!! I've always wanted to frame my own photographs as art for my home, but thought I'd have to wait until I got my own apartment or home. But, our new director said "make this place look creative!" So we did!

I just LOVE IT! This wall finally makes me so happy! All of these pictures have been taken in Europe over the last 8 months! A lot from my Christmas travels to Sweden, Finland and Germany. Of course I didn't leave my country of residence out...a few images of Spain also grace my wall! Ahhh...I do love it! And seriously, it makes me happy! It's much better than the mintish green walls in this commons area, and the art will look even better when we get to paint the walls a new color!

1 comment:

Christina said...

I LOVE it!! I agree, Erin is so gifted!! She has a great eye! But so do you with all those photos! I'm so glad you didn't wait to do this, you should be happy NOW!! so much fun!!