Sunday, March 1, 2009

Siete Meses!!

Today is March 1. I've been here for 7 months. For the past month (because spring is already here, at least the kind of weather I consider to be spring), I've been taking walks up and down the hilly streets of this little pueblo I live in. I'm trying to get somewhat into shape and tone up this body (for the beach!) of mine for my spring break trip with my girlfriends who are coming at the end of the month!!
A couple of properties down from my house is this property, no one lives here, I don't even remember if there is a house. I think there is a small cottage type thing. Anyways, everytime I walk by, I think "wow...this would be such a great place to get married." Of course it would have to be cleaned and primped some, and imagine it without the ugly stairs and building type thing in the background. Imagine white lights strung around the trees, the bride walking up the path to the top of the stairs. It just seems like a romantic, little, Spanish wedding spot.

If you had a hard time imagining what it would look like with out the ugly stuff in the background, with my not so good photoshop skills, I modified the image....does this help you?!
Below is a view of Alcalá de Henares. We have some great views of the city and mountains in the backdrop from the hill we live on. I love mountains. They make me happy.
The past 2 weeks, the weather has been fantastic, in the high 50's and 60's during the day...and sunny! This week doesn't look so good. But it's still on average 10 to 20 degrees warmer than Minnesota!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Love it!!! looks like a perfect spot for a romantic wedding ;) if you're planning in the next year and a half I can totally make it!! I'll be praying for your ears, man, that's tough! good to have answers, but still tough news to handle! i think you're amazing dear friend!!