Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I got NEW things!

Yesterday, I got a new cell phone because I joined IMM's plan and needed to get a new phone and number. So, I paid 20 euros and got an fancy dancy LG phone, well, it's not really fancy, however, it has many more options, like a phone (only 2 mp, so I won't really be using it much), which I didn't ever have in the states. This phone plan should be much better because pay as you go is not very good.
Here's a self portrait with my new phone. :)

And today...I got this!

Yes, I now have my official Spanish residency card! It all started with my paper work and 2 trips to Chicago to get this guy.
Erin and Vino need to pick there's up too. This is us waiting in line. Erin and Vino will be going back because they didn't bring their passport, which they needed in order to get it. But, I brought mine!!!
After our adventure to the police station, Erin came with me to go to pick up my CAT Scan pics (I got this because I wanted to see if it would help diagnose the Otosclerosis, which the doctor here says I have in my ears) and to my doctors appointment. I'm not very happy with the results...because the doctor said those images do not show the tiny bones that the Otosclerosis is in! It is too microscopic he says. Well, I read that getting a CT scan would possibly help diagnose it. Erin says I shouldn't believe everything I read on the internet. She might be right. I really did it because I just wanted to actually "SEE" that I had this ailment. I just can't believe that having a hearing test could be all the doctor needs in order to do surgery inside of me! Anyways, enough about this for now. I'm annoyed at this entire situation and all it entails trying to communicate effectively and trying to get answers that I trust. I will be contacting nurses and hopefully doctors in MN that I can tell my situation to, and then in August possibly have some more tests or whatever done when I visit a doctor who can completely understand me, vice versa, and who cares about helping me! If my expensive CAT scan pics don't really tell the doctors in the states anything...I guess I have some interesting images of my head, which the doctor says is fine.

No comments: