Saturday, January 10, 2009

Snow in Spain!!

I thought the only "winter" I would get while living in Spain was during my recent Christmas vacation to Germany and other countries (and there wasn't even much snow in the places I traveled to, only in Bavaria, Germany). However, Friday morning I woke up and opened up the persianas (shades over the windows and doors) and to my surprise saw that it was SNOWING!! I could not believe it! This never happens (so I've heard). At least it never snowed so much that it stayed. I wanted to and still want to go play in the snow since this may be my only chance to, but was not feeling well this weekend. And, I don't really have any playmates because Vino and Erin didn't want to go sledding with me (if I had a sled to go sledding, that would also be nice!) Plus, Friday afternoon, Vino hurt his ankle while walking to the store, so now he's gimpy and can't do anything! 




I guess it was an okay weekend to be ill at home, sleeping and watching movies. The buses didn't come up the hill (to the little town I live in) Friday and I don't know about today, so I couldn't go anywhere if I wanted to. Watching it snow reminded me of being back home, in MN during winter. How nice. But I still enjoy the a lot warmer than MN weather here!

1 comment:

Christina said...

oh wow!!! it doesn't even look like that here in Stockholm! crazy!! but beautiful! i'm so glad you finally got your white snow! i miss you :)