Sunday, January 18, 2009

2 Years!

Today is the 2 year anniversary of the day that the Lord gave me the sign I asked him for about what to do with my life. At the Chi Alpha SALT conference in Rochester two years ago, I talked with  missionary John Koeshall at a seminar. He gave me a missionary card of John Merrell, the director of IMM at the time, and said the Lord told him to keep it because he would be giving it to someone in Rochester who would be going to IMM! That person was me! I am so thankful and blessed for this confirmation in my life! I asked God to give me a "really clear sign" and He did! I think it's very cool how the Lord uses various people in our lives, whether almost strangers, friends or family, to speak to us.
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asked receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:7-8 NIV
Of course, we also need to remember to ask for His will to be done in our lives, not what we want. He knows much better than we do, even if it's difficult for us to see how any other way than what we want is better for us.  I'm thankful today that I serve a Lord who is gracious and loving and wants us to talk to him in all circumstances in life, not just when we are down and need help.  
The last 2 years have been challenging, exciting, faith building and very busy. Now, I've been working at IMM and living in "Little America," Spain for 5 1/2 months. The last 5 months have gone by SO fast. In just 2 weeks, my time here will be one fourth over, with only 18 months left! That is so crazy to me. I'm happy that they request I come for 2 years instead of a one year commitment, which I originally thought about. More about what I've learned and other things on my 6 month blog.

No comments: