Sunday, August 3, 2008

Bienvenidos a Espana!!

I made it to Spain! I missed my connection to Madrid in Frankfurt, Germany because of a weather delay in the windy city of Chicago. Let's just say I sweated and got a lot of exercise briskly walking through the Frankfurt airport, first to my original terminal, finding out I missed my flight. Then back to the main part to a customer service desk. Then to the Lufthansa ticket counter, then to get my boarding pass somewhere else. All sorts of fun. Once I found my terminal I used a phone to call to Spain to those picking me up know of my delay. My flight to Madrid was my favorite because I had 3 seats to myself, lots of leg room and a window seat! And, my body decided it could actually sleep on this flight, since my 8 hours to Germany didn't allow me much. 
It's HOT here! I sweat everyday. My tank tops are always a bit sweaty at the end of the day. I really like all my friends and co-workers at IMM! They are treating me great! I love my house mates. Actually, we share the top floor of the massive mansion! Yes, IMM's new building is awesome and beautiful and a mansion. Not really, but I love it! 
Tomorrow I start my first day of work. Should be fun!! I'll post pics this week of my new home and views of the terrace!!

3 comments:

Alicia Marie said...

i am glad that you got some good international travel experience! It always makes life more fun.Now, POST some pics!!! I am glad you are liking it so far and Jack misses his auntie Crystal!

Angela S said...

That's all really cool to hear, that you love it in Spain even w/ the less than a week you've been there, it's a good sign :) I see God moving tremendously in your life and it's great to see someone be on a mission like yours, you're pefect for the job! Can't wait to read more about your stay!

bveth7 said...

I'm glad you got there ok. I hope to see your pics!