Monday, March 1, 2010

Start of Month 19!!

Did I count that right? I've been here since Aug 1 of 2008. I think 19 is the right number. Wow. Who can believe it? These months have gone by pretty darn fast! 2010 has already flown by. It's so weird to think that this is the year I'll be moving back to the states. It's probably not going to be at my official 2 year mark which would be Aug 1. I'm thinking of staying just a bit longer because there is a lot of transition and staff changes this year and I think my boss will appreciate me staying...well, I know he will, he's hinted at having me stay longer!
This month is March Madness! No, I don't care about college bb. My housemates only have 5 weeks left and they have a list of things to see, places to go, and what not...so we have many weekends booked for fun events! This Saturday-a Flamenco show!! Our friends found it--it's a not too spendy and looks really good! Other things on the tentative schedule: a Jazz club, the Rastro - huge market, Monet museum and a girls slumber party... which is also happening this weekend!

To add some fun content to this blog and break up the text, here's an adorable image of Alexandra. I had coffee with her mom and my friend Tiffany the other weekend. Lexi is seriously the most precious and adorable baby in Spain! Her daddy is a Spaniard and her mommy American. She's like a precious moments doll. Her eyes, that curly hair....too cute!!


What will I do when Cheree and Julie leave? It won't be as fun. I'm sure more peeps will come to visit--we have 2 interns this summer, so I've heard. A bunch of MA's are in the works, but who knows when they'll get here.

Another reason for March Madness: countdown to the Open the Bible: The Gospels project is due!! April 1 baby! I'm juggling various projects at work. Taking an online course (in Spanish) on intervention of prostitution and human trafficking-which is basically research for a project I feel I need to do while I'm here...an awareness video for human trafficking. There are a few parties lined up in March for co-workers leaving and co-workers adding a baby to their family! Oh so much to do and seems like not enough hours in a day--especially when I like/need to get at least 8 hours of sleep a night!

And here's Plaza Cervantes in Alcalá de Henares! I love this place. Just gorgeous. This was taken last week on my phone...not bad huh? Oh my-I'll miss Spanish plazas when I leave this country.

1 comment:

Alicia Marie said...

Come home for a couple months..THAN GO BACK TO SPAIN!!! Seriously. I think you will miss it mucho! Plus you have a cool job... plus it is gorgeous... plus lots of other things :)
p.s.. by "going home" that must include visiting me and my brood!