Sunday, May 31, 2009

What I miss...

yes, them. This pic was taken at Kristin's bridal shower. I would've been there, but I'm thousands of miles and an ocean and expensive plane ticket away. Don't ever let anyone tell you being a missionary is glamorous or easy. It is wonderful and a blessing...because I know I am called to be here right now. However, sometimes it's really hard. People give up a lot when they decide to work in ministry, especially in another country. I've had an emotional week. I easily start to cry when I think about Kendra being prego and me missing this important part of her life (and I can't talk to my nephew and feel him move inside of her), and when I realize I'm missing all the planning and anticipation of a family wedding and upcoming birth. Yeah, it's hard. I guess I just felt like being transparent on this blog entry. Pray for me!! Thanks.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Oh Honey, I know some of what you're feeling! You are right in the sacrifice party of the ministry you are doing! You are truly blessed to have such an amazing, supportive family back home that you deeply miss ;) I will be praying for you!!